Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Allergies??

You know what's crazy? It's crazy that people can just up and develop allergies. Insanity, I tell you! This time 2 years ago I wasn't allergic to a darn thing. (Or, if I was, I was blissfully ignorant.) Now my list is growing. I'm going to have to see an allergist to find out what all I am allergic to for sure, but here is my current list:
  • Peanuts
  • Cashews
  • Soy
  • Eggs
  • Wheat
And probably other kinds of nuts, too. Do you know how hard it is to avoid ALL of those things if you aren't following a raw vegan or paleo diet (and even then nuts and eggs aren't ruled out)? Very hard. For now I'm sticking with the paleo diet with the exception of I will eat potatoes, beans and rice occasionally. I used to do that anyway, so it's shouldn't matter, but it's different when you HAVE to.

Levi and I discovered a new route to go when we go on our morning walks. Check this out. :)


Ignore that it took me a whopping 14 mins per mile. It wouldn't take nearly that long if I didn't have Levi with me in the mornings. He has to take potty breaks about three times per trip, plus has to say hello to every. single. dog we pass. And I admit that I got distracted by a dolphin that was right by the shore. I had to take his picture/snag a video of him and text it to S, which then started a texting conversation which also slowed me down. Haha. (Worth it!)

Did you notice that we now walk over 5 miles? Yep. I do that in flip flops. I'm going to be blistered for sure by Friday. Oh well. You know what's exciting, though? S will be on my morning walk with me three weeks from today. :D

S left on a hunting trip today. I asked him to text me on his way out of town. but wasn't counting on it because he's been so excited I can hardly expect him to think straight. lol. Much to my surprise, I received a phone call. :) I was flattered. And he has texted a few times, too (also flattering since he is riding up to their hunting spot with his cousin). He's a keeper, I should think. And he'd be willing to go gluten free. Yeah . . . I'm gonna hang on to this one. I think my favorite thing about him is how much I trust him. I never feel any anxiety about our relationship. I know I still freaked out and dumped him once, but that was more out of habit than actual fear. It seems that, since getting that out of my system, I no longer have any desire to flee whatsoever. Let's hope that lasts.

Alright. Time to knock out a little studying. My last exam for my Psychology class didn't go so good. I can't afford a repeat. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment