Friday, September 7, 2012

The Story.

I'm going to share a new song with you that I love. It may have been around for awhile -- I don't know -- but I just discovered it the other day.

So now . . . on a completely different note . . .

I firmly believe that people come and go in our lives for a reason. I'm talking a predetermined, predestined reason. I think back on some of the people who have come and gone in my life (boys especially) and I can see now exactly what "purpose" they served. There was the boy from last summer who quite literally saved my life. Maybe not in the "saved-me-from-imminent-death" kind of way, but he still saved my life. If it wasn't for him, I'd hate to think of where I am today. He motivated me in ways that I don't think anyone else could have and set important things in motion for me. And even though I haven't heard from him in about 2 months (and don't expect to ever again), I still would like to thank him for that. (So, should you ever read this, thank-you for the things you did for me. Without you I wouldn't be as happy or as healthy. I wouldn't be singing or writing or even drawing. You can bet my first book will be dedicated to you.)

Then there were the boys from last winter. They helped to keep that motivation up after summer-boy was gone.

And the boy from this past spring/summer served a purpose, too. I think his purpose was to open my eyes to the things that are out there in this world that I was completely naive to. He really did show me a whole other side to life that I now enjoy everyday. He also taught me some lessons that are slightly more negative (and personal), but they were lessons nonetheless. And they were lessons that I clearly needed to learn. He also (ironically) helped me to realize how important the church is to me and has helped motivate me to get back to the Temple. It's been waaaay too long since I went last. (So, should YOU ever read this, thank-you, boy. Thank-you for all the things you showed me and introduced me to. Without you, I'm not sure I'd ever have the desire to explore new opportunities quite like I do now.)

Even my ex husband served his purpose. In fact -- he served the biggest one of all. (Of course, right?) My years spent with him taught me more about myself than I would've learned any other way. Those years I spent so unhealthy and miserable really showed me my own true colors. I think the saddest thing about our relationship is that he remembers me that way instead of as the girl he knew in high-school (who is more similar to the girl I am now -- only a little more mature. Just a little.) ;) I sometimes wish that he and I could have remained friends. In fact -- I wish that about the previous two, also. At least only one of them has cut me off completely. And, ironically, it's not my ex-hubby. Haha.

I think about my life-long best friend. She's been a rock for me my whole life even though she doesn't know it. She's ALWAYS been there for me, and no matter how long we stay apart and "lose contact" she's always willing and available to pick things back up right where they left off. She is now and will forever be my sister and best friend.

I think about my other best friend. My "long-distance-bestie". Her advice has gotten me through many hard times. (Mainly break-ups.) She's seen things in my relationships and been a good enough friend to point them out to me -- even when they weren't what I wanted to hear. She has my best interest at heart.

And I think about the boy I'm currently with. I don't yet know what his "purpose" is. Does he just have another lesson to teach me, or is he just here temporarily to add some further motivation to my life? Or is he maybe here for the long-haul?

It's exciting and comforting to know that I'll someday know the answer to that. It makes the unknown aspects of it more bearable.

Back to the song I posted above for a moment. Did you listen to it? Did you like it? I happened to do it on Singsnap too. It's not fair to judge me against the artist because she's a professional and I'm not. AND she performed hers in a recording studio and had her voice tweaked to perfection whereas . . . I did not so . . . Ignore the sour notes that are typical in my songs and ENJOY!

 


And if you happened to like that and want to share it on your fb page, Click Here. ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment