Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mom and I scare Aubrey and friends.

Earlier today, my youngest sister asked if she could borrow a couple of my scary movies so that she could take them to a friend's house to have a mini Halloween party. The friend's parents are gone tonight, so it's just three girls home alone - watching scary movies. Does anyone smell an opportunity here? My mother did . . .

About an hour ago, I'm innocently in my room working on my book (the one that doesn't suck), when my mom comes in and asks if I want to have some fun, to which my response is . . . "Cccchhhh . . . yeah!"

She then proceeds to suggest that we go scare my sister and her two unsuspecting friends. Sooo . . . I head downstairs, find a couple of ski masks, slap on some dark makeup, stop to take an unflattering picture . . .



 . . . and we head out the door to have a little fun. I make one more pit-stop in the drive-way to gather some pebbles, and we make our way to the house.

Good news: I recorded the whole thing.

Bad news: It's pitch black, so you can't really see anything, and all you can really hear is my mother laughing and me trying (kind of successfully) to be scary.

I'll see if I can't get the video loaded. Either way, I'll explain what happened.

The video (if I can link it, and you decide to watch it) starts off with my mom and I in the car driving in the dark towards the house. We get there, and walk across the yard, trying to find the best window through which to scare the girls. We are trying to avoid the lights coming from the front porch when the garage lights kick on, so we run around to the back of the house, laughing the whole time.

We finally find the best window, and I begin throwing my pebbles at it. It took a few times before one of the girls heard the noise and paused the movie. In the video you can't hear what the girls are saying (unless you use earphones), but they are asking who's there and telling me to go away. I of course DON'T go away and keep throwing pebbles. I start screaming for them to let me in (and it's creepy - can't lie).

Finally, my baby sister gets the nerve to come to the window. When she does, she is greeted by my masked face right up against the glass, and I make sure to scream. She hurries away, and her friends get up the nerve to come to the window. They open the drapes and I scream at them. Then I get up, run around to the front of the house and bang on the door.

Get this: They answer the door! HELLLLLOOO! What if we had been real burglars or something?! Anyway, they inform us (through laughter, once they realize who we are) that one of the girl's mothers is on her way. It then occurred to me that they should have called 911. I guess it's a good thing they didn't or we would have been greeted by the police instead of a mother . . .

(Still would have been worth it.)







No comments:

Post a Comment