Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Random Text. Yessss! :)

I am aware that I already said "good night", but something came up and I had to share it with you. I LIVE for moments exactly. like. this one. :)

Random text received at 10:31 p.m.:


Hey Neesh, it's Brandy. My new phone finally got here. So, let's do this! How about tomorrow?

I was asleep when I received this text, but a big ol' grin immediately took over my entire face, and I wasn't worried about lost sleep. These opportunities are too rare and too precious to get upset over. My return text sent at 10:32 p.m.:

Hey! Saweeet! What phone did you end up getting? Did you go with the  Nokia 6120 like I suggested? (You know, that was the best selling phone in '98.) Let's definitely do this! Quick question . . . Can I bring my sister?

Brandy replies a few minutes later with:

Umm, yeah. I guess that would be fine. If you really want to. And I didn't go with a Nokia. I don't remember you suggesting that?? I got a new iPhone.

Me: Oh, okay! Cool! I think you would have been happier with the Nokia, but the iPhone is cool, too, I guess. And thanks for letting my sister come. She's really excited. She's running to the store right now to stock up on TP.

Brandy: TP?

Me: Yeah. TP. Toilet Paper . . .

Brandy: Oh. Okay. Why, though?

Me: Won't we be needing it?? Oh, she's wondering if it would be too much trouble if her dog came along, too. He's still just a puppy, so he shouldn't be too much trouble. He only weighs like 65 lbs or something like that. Is that cool?

Brandy (after about 5 minutes): Umm . . . I mean, can he stay in the car? Is he potty trained?

Me: Well, define "potty trained". Do you mean does he wait to go to the bathroom outside? . . . No. But we have diapers for him. Of course, those don't do much for the smell when he goes, but at least poop doesn't get everywhere. The last time he pottied in one, we only had to clean up three spots on the carpet where it leaked out. But that's better than what it could have been, ya know?

Brandy: Yeah. That's cool. Do you think she could just leave him at home, maybe? I'm not sure I want him in my car. I'm sorry. :? Is that what the toilet paper is for?

Me: I'm not even sure what to do with that question. It doesn't make sense. Are you asking me if the TP is for the dog?? No, silly! I'm not sure if you've ever had a dog or not, but they don't actually require wiping. They pretty much just do their business and that's that. And even if he goes in the diaper we don't us TP on the dog. It wouldn't be strong enough to clean that mess up, anyway.

Brandy: I actually haven't ever had a dog, but you know that. Is this really Neesha?

Me: Is this really Brandy?

Brandy: Yes.

Me: Are you SURE? Because you are acting kind of strange . . .

Brandy: Omg! I got the wrong number! I'm so sorry! Who IS this??


And it really just gets boring from there.


I am going to bed happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment