Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting Lost In Oblivion.

Ugh. Ya know?

I am having an undeniably "downer" morning. I have the serious urge to sit on my ass and get lost in a video game. Yep. A video game. I haven't played a video game in a verrrry long time, and right now it sounds sooo appealing.

What video game?

None other than one of the Elder Scrolls games. Either Morrowind or (most likely) Oblivion. (Besides, the name is totally suiting. Get lost in Oblivion. Get it? ) I almost wish I could get my hands on Skyrim, but not really because I think that one would suck up too much of my time. I just want to get lost for a few hours is all.

I suppose I could play the Sims, but I don't think that game would be distracting enough. I need an activitiy that is either completely mind numbing or consuming.

I miss my M. A lot more than I thought I would. That's always the way it goes, though, eh? I was asked out for Wednesday or Thursday night, which would be a nice distraction, but I don't know that I'll go. It used to be that I'd go on dates just for fun and no other reason, but now I find myself thinking, if it's not going to go anywhere, why bother? Umm . . . because it's fun? Or it should be, anyway, but recent experiences have taught me that dating someone while missing someone else isn't fun.

Sooo . . . I probably will get "sick". (No, I'll be honest with him.)

Since I can't make it to work today, I think my agenda will look something like this:

Finish this blog post,
Finish cleaning my room up,
Finish packing and moving my clothes and exercise stuff,
Play a video game,
Work on my book,
Go to bed.

And maybe I'll throw a movie in there somewhere.

And at some point in the day I WILL turn my day around and make it a good one. (Probably at the video game part.) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment