Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fingers Crossed.

I've been here precisely 3 weeks and a few hours and my vacation isn't even half over yet. Crazy. I'm having myself a pretty great time, so definitely no complaints here.

Except maybe one . . .

I'm reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and I'm having a hard time getting through it. Not because I don't like the story--I do like the story; but because the way it is written bothers me. It's plenty easy enough to understand what the author is getting at--that's not the problem. The problem is I feel like the book is "dumbing me down". I learn a lot about writing through what I read and this is definitely not a book I want to pick up any tips or habits from.

Anyway.

I worked out hard enough yesterday that I've got a bit of a headache today. It's from tight shoulder muscles. I did a ton of upper-body yesterday between the kickboxing, yoga, and some weight lifting. It felt great, but my temples are feeling it today more than anything. That's what I get for being a slacker for so many months.

On an entirely different note: Everyone cross your fingers for me. I've got a couple of different things going on that I could use a little luck with. Things I'm really hoping will work out for me . . .

And I'll leave you with a couple more of my favorite songs.

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment