Tuesday, April 9, 2013

And Then There Was One.

Well, it's just Levi and I here at the condo now. Hailee left early this morning. It was bitter-sweet to see her go. On one hand it's always nice to spend time with my sisters, but on the other hand having her here kept me so busy that I haven't had any real "downtime". At least, not what I consider downtime, which is reading. Other than my government book and the book The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (which I read in one 2 hr sitting for a homework assignment) I haven't touched my Kindle. That will all change today. :) Especially since I bought 9 books specifically for this trip. I doubt I'll blow through all 9 in the last two weeks I have here, but it is a possibility.

Since I haven't had time to blog everyday to document everything that's been happening, I'm just going to do one big "update" post. Since I already talked about parasailing, I guess the next highlight of the trip was the dolphin.

I had a similar experience last year (I was surprised to read back through my old blog posts and see that I never mentioned it . . . ). Last year it involved a dolphin and her baby and them learning to hunt; this year it was just a single dolphin, but here's the story. Hailee and I were on our morning walk when we noticed a dolphin swimming right up to the shoreline. He was so close that I literally could have reached out and touched him. Fortunately, I got a few pictures this time. :)






Those are just a few of the pictures I took, but I think they give you the best idea of exactly how close he was. :) Super cool.

The next highlight would probably be the baby lizard we found. Not that that's SUPER cool, but it's kinda neat. (I'm listing these in the order they happened. I wish I could remember the exact dates they happened, but I don't.)


That's the baby lizard sitting on my forearm. I'm holding my pinky finger next to him for size comparison. For those of you who know me, you know how short my fingers are.

The next highlight would probably be our first trip uptown. Here are a few random shots from that adventure:





(Isn't that mug offensive?!! Haha.) As you can see from the third picture down, we walked out on to the pier. When we got there, we encountered this guy:




That finally picture is a HORRIBLE one of me, but it has a funny story to go with. I was leaning against that railing, watching people fish and the pelican (he's a young one, btw) flew up and landed near me. Then he apparently kept creeping closer and closer to me when my back was turned. As soon as I'd turn to look at him, he'd stop inching closer and look out over the gulf like nothing was up. Then, when I'd look away, he'd turn back towards me and creep a few inches closer. Hailee took this shot. I'm about to bust into a smile because I can sense how close he's gotten to me. Hailee was convinced he was going for my braid. She's probably right, but we scared him off before he could get any closer, so we'll never know for sure. :)

The next "highlight" is probably the "piggyback ride" Levi gave to a lizard. :)



Admittedly, I caught the lizard and placed it on Levi's back, but the lizard was totally content to just ride around that way for about 5 minutes. It wasn't until the lizard climbed onto Levi's face that Levi freaked out and scared him off of his back. :) Cuuute.

And the final "highlight" would have to be my henna tattoo. Oooooh this tattoo. Basically it looks like someone took a sharpie and drew a crappy picture of a dolphin on my foot. I could have drawn a crappy dolphin on my foot with a sharpie for FREE! But I paid $10 for this thing. One thing's for sure . . . I'll never do that again. :) Here are the pics. See for yourself!



AM I RIGHT??!! Nasty.

In closing I will leave you will a few more random shots I have taken while on this trip. Enjoy!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment