Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pity-Party.

This is not going to be a happy post, because I am not a happy person right now. I'm having a bit of a pity-party day.

I think when I was up in Heaven, I thought I was a lot tougher than I really am. I signed up for waaaay too much stuff here on Earth. I didn't sign up for anything super challenging (so far, anyway), but I signed up for something to happen constantly.

If it's not cancer or hormone issues . . . it's a new allergy.

This gluten thing is kind of kicking my ass. Which is really ironic, because I typically have a lot of self control over what I eat. But now that I can't eat certain things, it seems like I crave them far more. (And this is of course (unfortunately) normal.) And then there's the fact that no one around me is forced to keep a gluten free diet, so they of course don't.

At all.

Pizza and chocolate chip cookie party anyone? Cortney? Oh, that's right . . . you can't eat this. Hmm . . . why don't you snack on yet another rice cake while we all dig in right in front of you. What's that? The smell is making you suicidal? Well . . . there are more rice cakes in the cabinet. Eat a few more of those.

I hope rice cakes disappear from the face of the Earth. I'm growing soooo sick of them. And yet, every morning I somehow crave another one.

I've literally been living on foods that I couldn't stand in another life. And by "another life", I mean 4 weeks ago.
-olives
-eggs
-rice cakes
- . . . .

Oh, wait . . . that's it. That's all I eat. For 7 weeks now.

And I don't have a boyfriend. Not that that's related. Just another annoying fact.

Oh, and I've had cramps for the last 96 hrs straight. Periods are bad enough. Cramps are just cruel.

Also, this picture seems to fit today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment