Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3 Things.

Yesterday three things happened to me that have not happened to me in either a very long time or ever before.

1 - I went for a bike ride. This falls under the "haven't done in a really long time" category. I know that's sad and pathetic, but it's 100% truth.

2 - I broke my phone. This has never happened to me before. I had this phone for 2 years without it gaining so much as a SCRATCH, and now the screen has two small cracks in it. Lame.

3 - I bruised my tailbone. I'm not sure which category this falls under. I would think the "never before" one, because I'm pretty sure I would remember this much pain if it had ever occurred EVER before in my past.

So, now . . . the story:

Aubs and I decided to go on a bike ride "around the block". I had other ideas in mind that involved going much further than just around the block. And Aubs was a trooper and went along with it. But, it came back to bite me in my @$$ because my phone eventually fell from my pocket.

And it exploded.

The case broke off. The battery popped out. The back popped off, and the phone, itself, flew into the brush at the side of the road. It took us a few seconds to find all the pieces. And much to my dismay, it was damaged.

So when did I bruise my tailbone, you ask?

Very good question.

You see . . . the pedals on the particular bike I chose to ride were a little too low to the ground for me to comfortably reach. So when I tried to remount the bike, I didn't quite make it all the way onto the seat and it rammed me (pretty hard) right in the tailbone. It. Sucked. But the pain didn't actually start until this morning. I was fine and able to still do my 40 minute workout before bed last night. When I tried to do my 20 minute workout this morning, though . . . it wasn't happening. Pretty sure I said some profane words in all my frustration. I hate missing workouts for any other reason than if I'm just being lazy that day. Haha.

So, now I get to hobble on into work and make "sammiches" with this ridiculously painful, bruised tailbone. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment