Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Dates.

I redesigned my blog! (Just in case you didn't notice. Haha.)

Anywaaaaay . . . .

I have had some pretty interesting first dates in my life. In fact, the majority of my first dates have been really unique in some way.

Like the time a boy took me to a picnic that he had set up under a portable cabana on a mountainside. The view was incredible. (And I don't just mean the one overlooking the valley. ;) The super sweet thing was, he knew I prefer to go vegan during the summer, so he brought only fresh fruits and veggies - even for him - to eat. But it gets even cuter, because I had also recently had some trauma to my jaw and couldn't open it very wide, so he cut it up into super tiny pieces - and I mean super tiny - so that I could fit them in my mouth. It eventually turned into a game of trying to throw the tiny pieces into each other's mouths. At one point, a piece of fruit stuck to his lip and that was how he asked for (and got) his first kiss. (We had known each other for a few months. I'm not "easy". Haha.)

Or the time a boy took me to the greenbelt to feed the ducks (even though I'm pretty sure it was already illegal by then). We made "happy trails" with the bread. Well -- mostly he did. He laid on the ground, put tiny chunks of bread in a line starting about 3 feet away from his feet and ending with a piece placed gingerly on his lips. The plan was to get the duck to walk up onto his chest and take the piece from his mouth. He freaked out when the duck got to his crotch. Haha. He also took me to play laser tag, mini golf and then to his family's place for dinner. It was actually really cute that he had me meet his family on our first official date.

Or the time a boy showed up for our first date (and first time meeting) with matching shirts for us that read: "We're on our first date. And it's magical." On the back they said: "I'm with him/her" with an arrow. I was actually into it. Haha. We wore them while walking around in public places, talking. Occasionally he'd ask a stranger to take our picture, just because he liked the questions they'd usually ask us after reading our shirts. I have to admit that it was pretty funny. It may not sound like anything exciting, but the boy was very witty and a great conversationalist. The date was far more "magical" than I could possibly describe here. ;)

Or the time a boy took me on a 200 mile road trip on our first date. (Always assume I knew these boys for a little bit when something crazy like this happened on our first date.)

Or the time a boy and I spent over two weeks together, straight, for our first date and no one murdered anyone. Haha. That was even our first time seeing each other in person. Two weeks, people. Crazy. But it was a great time.

I have plenty more stories, but I'm tired of typing, and it's possible you are tired of reading.

But, for the record . . . This weekend my first date with a boy is going to be at Lagoon. How cool is that? I think it's going to be pretty epic. And in a few weeks I have a first date planned that involves sushi and fake mustaches, sombreros, and ponchos. I'm actually pretty excited for that one, too! That guy is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment