Sunday, July 8, 2012

Portrait of Joanie and the happenings of my Saturday.

I had a blast yesterday! But before I get to that, I want to share some of the drawings I've done the past few days. The first two are not my favorites, but the third one I'm going to upload I actually really love. :)

Okay, this first one is just another drawing of a horse. But instead of doing it in my normal style, I did it a little less . . . detailed, I guess. I don't really like the way he turned out at all, but that's okay. He only took up about 15 minutes of my time and it was interesting to try something different. He was done in charcoal. I like to post "progression" pictures. So, here ya go:






 Add a little detail:



The finished product:



The second drawing was one I did in honor of the Fourth. And I really can't decide whether I like it or not. This one is also done in charcoal.







At first the plan was to leave it with just the eagle's head, but I decided that I really didn't like it like that, so I added the body:


But neither of those are as impressive as the drawing I'm going to post next. I actually LIKE this drawing, which doesn't happen too often. This one is a portrait (the very first and only portrait I've ever done) of Joanie (Z's dog). It was done in pencil and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :) I wasn't going to publicly post this picture anywhere because I didn't want Z to see it before I got a chance to give it to him as a surprise gift, but apparently Z and I won't be seeing each other ever again, so . . . I can post it publicly now. ;)


That drawing actually took me a couple of hours to complete, unlike my typical drawings which usually only take me anywhere from 15 - 45 minutes. And, if I'm being honest, this picture looks far better in real life than in this photo.

Okay, so . . . now back to my story of yesterday. It started with us heading to Palisades to go boating. Here are a few pictures from that:





I had a couple of videos I was going to upload, but it's taking too effing long, so I'm going to forget about those. ;)

After boating, we pretty much immediately headed to a rodeo. I can't lie -- rodeos aren't really my scene, but it's kinda fun to go to one every once in a while. :)



It rained on us. Our butts were SOAKED. Aubrey and I went and ordered hot chocolate just so we could hold the warm cups. Haha. But it left that pretty rainbow. :) Actually, at one point it was a full double rainbow. Pretty nifty.

And that was my day yesterday. Not too shabby. I have to prepare myself to go back to work on Tuesday. It's going to BLOW after having an entire week off. Blah.

Oh! I almost forgot! One of the boys that I talk to sent me this picture message this morning. It seriously made my entire day. I couldn't stop laughing. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment