Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Is This A Joke??

Lately I've been selling a lot of stuff on Craigslist, KSL . . . the works . . . so I wasn't surprised when my phone rang with a 208 number I didn't recognize. But I was surprised by the conversation that took place. Now you all know I live for this exact kind of opportunity, but . . . can't lie . . . it caught me off guard.

Me: "Hello?"
Female Caller: "Who dis?"
Me: " . . . Hello?"
Female Caller: "I said, who dis?"
Me: "Umm . . . this is Cortney. Who's this?"
Female Caller: "Girl you know who I is. And I know you been calling my man! A ton, gurrrl! Your number is all up over is phone. A LOT!:
Me:" . . . Is this a joke? Because, if so . . . bravo. You've totally just owned me."
Female Caller: "Hell no this ain't no joke, gurrrl. Why you callin' my man? Huh? Why?"
Me: "I-- . . . sorry?"
Female Caller: "He in love wit me, Boo. You need ta back off."
Me: "Ummm . . . "
(She hangs up.)

Later, the same number calls back. I of course answer. :)

Me: "Hello?"
(Recording of a man): "Baby, don't say a word, just listen. I'm in trouble, Boo. I got arrested. I need you to bring some cash down to the jailhouse and post my bail. I know I ain't treated you right, but girl, believe me when I tell you I love you. And I know I caused you lots of trouble and pain, but I need you to come through for me right now, baby girl . . ."

I tried to say something, but the guy didn't stop talking, which is why I assume it was a recording. Maybe she was playing an actually recording for me - her boyfriend's "other lover" - to make me jealous . . . ?? (Would that really work on a real "other lover"??) Or maybe this was all some elaborate joke by someone I know. If so . . . well played.

Well. Played.


No comments:

Post a Comment