Monday, August 13, 2012

Molly Buttons.

I messed up my back. And I messed it up good. That's me, though. "Go big or go home". I screwed it up at work. I continued to work despite the pain for a good two hours before I finally had to tell my boss that I had hurt myself.

Gah! That was embarrassing.

I would have kept working, but it got to the point where I was really wishing that I had a back brace or pain killers or was dead or something.

I had to fill out an incident report and they sent me home. :( Not only did it damage my pride, but it's got me feeling really disappointed in myself. Like I failed or something. I guess I feel that way because I've been doing so well at work (up until that point).

Oh well.

I had to take the day off yesterday and today, so I did another pet portrait for Becky. This is her dog "Molly Buttons". I'm going to post the progression photos.






Annnnnnnnd . . . .


She's done!

I've learned two important facts when it comes to photographing a drawing.
1) Charcoal drawings always look better in pictures.
2) Pencil drawings always look worse in pictures.

This one is a pencil drawing, so it looks MUCH better in person than in that picture - trust me.

Here is Molly and Joanie side-by-side. :)




Drawing is so fun. I'm so glad I have enough talent to get away with attempting stuff like this. They may not be perfect, but they are good enough for me. I've already accepted that my talents are only mediocre, but I have a billion of them, so . . . whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment