Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reasons I'm Useless.

Man, I have been busy this week.

And I am exhausted.

Water skiing on Saturday was a blast. I destroyed a nail, though. Those of you on my fb probably saw the picture I posted. My nail is now missing about a quarter of it. Haha. My forearms are also destroyed. More on that in a moment.

I started a new job this week. And I am STOKED.

STOKED!

I am now a member of the staff at Grand Targhee. It's as a maid . . . but I still love it! I've usually worked up a pretty good sweat by 10 a.m. that stays with me until I leave that evening, so this job should whip me into pretty good shape. The benefits are worth every drop, too. I get to ski this winter at Targhee (and any of the resorts in Jackson) for FREE! I also get a free trip down the Snake. Friggen excited about that. There's a rock wall I can climb for free, a gym I can use for free. I can ride the lift and go on any of the hikes for free. And I get great discounts on all sorts of other stuff - both up at the hill and down in town. :D

(Again, for emphasis) :D

Now, about my forearms. I pretty much destroyed them Saturday water skiing. Sunday morning I woke up and discovered a pretty long list of things I couldn't do. Some of these items included (but were not limited to):

- Gripping a toothbrush, gripping a hairbrush, gripping eating/writing utensils, gripping anything,
- Putting on a bra, putting on pants, putting on makeup, dressing myself like a normal, functioning adult,

That's pretty much the basics. But at least I could still drive! Now that I've been working at Targhee all week with already-sore forearms, that list has grown to include the following:

- Driving,
- Moving my fingers,
- Typing (yes, typing),
- Working,
- Lifting anything that weighs more than .000000000028 oz,
- Being of any use at all,

I'm pretty sure they are going to have to amputate by the time I'm done typing all this out.

One other note about my job at Targhee: I've been feeling a little sorry for myself lately because my dating life has come to a very sudden and abrupt halt. Well . . . I don't think that's going to be an issue anymore! ;) And these are the kinds of boys I like. "Ski bum - hippy types"with long hair and few aspirations. Haha. (Only joking - Mostly.)

I dig it.

Even if my mom doesn't.

Time to go. I think dinner is done and my sister has agreed to feed me if I hurry downstairs.

Kidding!


Dinner's not done yet. It's only 5:30 for goodness sakes!

;)









No comments:

Post a Comment