Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tainted Music.

I have a new rule about music. No more listening to new/favorite artists while getting to know/starting to date a new boy.

I hate that I have practically no music on my whole iTunes list that doesn't remind me of some boy from my past.

I can't listen to any of early Rihanna, early Maroon 5, Blackeyed Peas, or any of the hit music from the years 2004 - 2009 without thinking of my ex hubby. (Who I think is coming to town, btw. I keep having dreams about him. So far that has always meant I'm about to see him.)

I can't listen to Lady Gaga, My Darkest Days, Beyonce's latest album, Incubus, Katy Perry or 30 Seconds to Mars without thinking of my ex from last summer.

And now I can't listen to Alex Clare, Trampled by Turtles, the newest Rihanna album, Fun., Dispatch, The Dirty Heads, Mumford & Sons, O.A.R., Slightly Stoopid, Nicklecreek, The Black Keys, Young the Giant, Imagine Dragon, Grafitti6, Rusted Root, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Of Monsters and Men, or Yuna without thinking of my most recent ex.

The thing that's the biggest bummer is that all of the artist I mentioned in that last list are ones I just discovered. And now they are probably forever tainted with what are now painful memories.

So . . . I am on a quest for a new playlist. And as soon as I start dating a new boy, I revert back to listening to "old" music.

No more tainted music!

:)

The Bluegrass Festival up at Targhee has been amazing, btw. I am really excited about working up there during it. I've gotten to meet a lot of the band members of the Infamous String Dusters and Donna and the Buffalo.

They are amazing. :) Musicians are often outside jamming or having playoffs in the hallways. It keeps work exciting, and I'm really diggin' it. I'm thinking I'll head back up there tonight and enjoy the show for a few hours since work wasn't too overwhelming today. :) I wish I had a date to take with me, but none of the guys I'm currently dating (all two of them who have asked me out recently, haha) have an appreciation for Bluegrass, so I feel like it's kind of a waste. I guess I'll go alone and meet someone who's having themselves a good time. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment