Friday, October 28, 2011

Tips Appreciated

It's always a fun time when an angry customer comes in. Today I had a guy and his two little kids (whom I felt sorry for because their dad was such an A-hole) come in. I was serving another customer at the check out counter when he entered, so I said hello and told him I'd be right with him. When I finished up with the other customer, I walked over to him, asked how his night was and asked what I could get for him. His response was:

"Who owns this Subway?"

So I answered his question. Then he says,

"Well, tell him he's ripping people off!"

(Pretty sure all I could do was blink at him) Then he says,

"He's skimping on his meats. Big time!"

I inform him that all of our weights are up to code, which he responds with,

"Uhh, no they most certainly aren't! We travel all over the US and you guys are ripping people off."

I couldn't think of anything (nice) to say, so I just said "I'm sorry you feel that way."

His response: "I think we'll pass."

I just said "okay".

As he's leaving he yells back, "And you can bet your ass I'll be calling and complaining about you!" To which I respond with,

"Okay". (And I even made sure to smile).

It's hard not to say what's really on my mind. Sometimes being witty isn't in my best interest. At least I can hold my tongue (usually). Fortunately,the next customer was super sweet and felt sorry for me. He actually apologized for the way the guy treated me (even though he didn't know him personally) and tipped me 20 big ones! Which was super appreciated! Thanks Mr. Big Spender! You completely fixed my night and even made it a great one!

Later, I found this picture - which also made me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment