Monday, February 27, 2012

Florida Vaca: Sunday and Monday

Okay -- I'm going to warn you right now about a picture I have at the end of this post. It's basically of my chest, and it's completely inappropriate for some audiences. The story behind it amuses me, and I know it'll amuse some of you, but I'd recommend not reading all the way to the bottom if you don't have a good sense of humor. BTW - there's not nudity or anything. You'll see what I mean. Or maybe you won't. ;)

Annnyway . . . .


Yesterday I sang in church. Here's how it went:

I decided to just do a hymn since that was my easiest choice. So, the lady who accompanied me decided we could wait to practice until just before church. So . . . we ran through the song twice before sacrament, and then I performed it. It wasn't a hard hymn - it was Come Follow Me - but it's always a bit stressful to not rehearse first, right? Wrong. It was weird. I wasn't nervous at all. It was like . . . Because I hadn't practiced, it wasn't happening. Nerves never struck. And I was actually pleased with my performance. After sacrament, a lady approached me and thanked/congratulated me. She gave me the nicest compliment I've ever received after singing. She said: "Your tone was just . . . flawless! I kept thinking, 'Wow! This could totally be recorded!'" I thought that was nice of her. :)

After church we stopped to get something to eat. I ordered salmon with an orange chicken sauce. It. Was. Delicious. I wish it was possible to get seafood like that where I come from!



Doesn't that look divine?

But it was nothing compared to desert. We ordered something called Mile High Coconut Pie. It says it serves 4 people. I'm thinking it serves a little more than that . . .



My dear, sweet grandpa is holding up a fork to it so you can see just how tall this baby is. Each of us took about 4 bites and were done. I think the rest of it may have fed the trash . . . not too sure. Haha.

I re-watched Breaking Dawn last night, and this time I didn't think it sucked as bad as I thought it did the first time. Probably because I haven't watched ANYTHING at all in a while. Except for Change-Up. That movie was friggen hilarious!

This morning I got up and walked the beach again. The sun was out this time, so it was a little brighter, but I was about 20 minutes later getting there than last time, so the beach was already crowded and picked clean of any shells or other "goodies". These are the only critters I chanced upon this time:




Have you guys ever seen the inside of the building at a boat marina? It's crazy cool!



Those are all the boats stacked on "shelves". I'm in awe. Haha. This one was taken with a cellphone, so it's not as good of quality as the others, but you get the idea. ;)

Here are just a few more random photos:







You know those pictures that people take of you when you are caught completely off guard and you end up looking completely retarded? I've got one such photo for you. (What? You'd like to see a normal, flattering picture? No-can-do!) ;)



It was taken at twilight and the lighting is weird. I'm sticking my tongue out at some guy standing down by the pool. I can't remember why. Haha. (Also taken with a cellphone.)

Okay - funny story. I went shopping today and came across a shirt that was . . . a little too low. I took a picture of this shirt and sent it to a good friend asking if she thought it was too low (sarcastically, of course). I told her that I think I can pull it off if I don't wear a bra (like in the picture -- don't say I didn't warn you) and she sent me back this picture with the following message:


 "It's not too low now!"

Bahaha! Breast Cancer Awareness. She's a hoot! Completely inappropriate, but too funny not to share! (If you have a sense of humor, that is.)

Maybe I won't share this particular post on my facebook page. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment