Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vaca Days 8 & 9

Last night my grandma and I went and played some Bingo. And I won. $60. Yesssss.


^ My Winning Ticket ^

^My Money!^


This morning I walked the beach, as has become habitual. Have I mentioned that I love Florida? You know what else I love? The fact that I read from my Kindle for at LEAST 3 hours per day, and it still has 75% battery life. I haven't plugged it in one single time since I left Idaho. These little things make me smile. :)

The boy who I will fondly refer to as "DaVinci" from now on (at his request -- sort of) suggested to me yesterday that I learn to surf. This is humorous because . . . well . . . see for yourself . . .


That was the Gulf when I arrived at the beach at 6:45 this a.m.. That water is like glass, man! (There. That was MY stoner accent.) And yet . . . someone decided there was still some fun to be had . . .



Then again . . . the waves ARE a little bigger here ^ . . .

So . . . I decided to extend my trip by about . . . oh . . . two more weeks, btw. I'll have spent a month here by the time I leave. And I'm super happy about it. I have the world's best grandparents. Hands down. They are so good to me! However -- I do need to stay out of the sun for a bit. I was planning on leaving by this coming Tuesday, so I have been allowing myself to get nice and tan. I'm BRRROOOOOWWWWWNNN. Seriously -- it's borderline too much. I'll have to invest in some sunscreen for the remainder of my trip. You can KINDA see how tan I am in this pic . . .



. . . but not really. Mostly my leg just looks misshapen. :)

I've decided I'm going to go para sailing while I'm here. I've never done it and I've ALWAYS wanted too. I have a friend who did it last year about this time, and she said it was the coolest thing ever. Too bad I don't have a friend here to go with me. I figure I have a couple options here:

I can either go alone . . .

Befriend someone specifically for the purpose of going para sailing with me . . .

Or I can just invite a complete stranger to go up . . .

Personally I like the last option. That seems like a good way to kick up the adventure meter a little bit. What do you guys think? Any votes??

Also, I've already said this to Mr. DaVinci, but I'm going to say it to all of you: Mr. DaVinci is possibly the most ADORABLE person on the planet. I'm afraid I've developed a bit of a crush. And I tend to announce it when that happens. Only . . . this is the first time that my crush has been someone who reads what I write on occasion . . .

Meh.

Alright, I'm headed to take a shower and then get a little more reading done.

It's a good life.



No comments:

Post a Comment