Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ramblings . . .

I really need to be packing, and yet I can't drag myself away from the computer. Part of that is because I know I also need to clean the bathroom -- AGAIN. Ugh. I can't wait for Saturday when this puppy goes to his new home. He's a good puppy, but he has to spend a couple hours per day in a kennel and he SCREAMS. I mean S.C.R.E.A.M.S. It's not a whine. It's a high-pitched, scratchy squeak that actually drives me bonkers after about 5 minutes of listening to it. And he can do it for hours. I'd let him roam free with the "big dogs", but he attempts to chew on my computer cords every time, so that's no longer an option for him unless he's under close supervision - which I can't offer if I'm packing. It's a good thing he's so cute. At least he's already potty-trained. However -- he has escaped from the kennel twice and completely trashed the bathroom. (Hence the reason I have to clean it again.) It's amazing that something so small can make a mess so big out of basically nothing!

I agreed to sing while I'm in Florida. Ugh. I don't want to disappoint my grandparents, so I agreed, but the truth is . . . My vacation just became another extension of "work". Now, instead of relaxing by the pool and on the beach at all hours of the day without a care in the world, I'll be spending a few hours practicing and rehearsing. Balls. On the other hand -- I'm always happy to sing for my grandparents. I know that they don't get to hear it very often. I never should have stopped performing. I used to be so great at it, but now nerves pretty much ruin my performance. Meh. I'll get used to it again at this rate. Haha.

Thanks to Colin, I've found my new favorite song. For now, anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment