Friday, February 24, 2012

The Vaca Continues . . .

I didn't get a chance to write the past couple of days, and I'm regretting it because already a lot of my memory of what all happened has been lost. Not because I did anything wild - just the opposite, in fact - but because vacation days all seem to blur together for me.

I know I read by the pool, and caught a few of the little lizards that hang out everywhere around here. I brought one up to my room to take a picture, but the stinker got away. He's chillin' out in here somewhere. Shhh . . . don't tell.

I've done a lot of reading. I'm currently reading a book called "The House at Riverton" by Kate Morton. Recommended to me by my cousin, Melissa, and I'd recommend it to anyone else. So far I'm really enjoying it. I've also gone for a swim for an hour just after sunset every night.

About that - Last night there was this young family who came down to the pool about a half hour after I did. They have three children, two boys and one girl. The oldest boy must be around 8 or 9, the girl must be around 6 or 7, and the littlest boy can't POSSIBLY be older than 3 or 4. He's so TINY. (They still cart him around in a baby stroller.) Anyway, this family comes down to swim, and the kids decide they want to race each other. So, they all line up and the dad yells "GO!", then the tiny little boy jumps up onto the side ledge and runs his little legs as fast as he can move them to the end, jumps back in the water, and declares his victory. That's a smart kid, ya'all. He's too cute! Another thing I thought was interesting -- When he swam past me, he was kicking like crazy and splashing water every which way (in his defense, he had floaties on his arms which made it impossible NOT to kick and splash if he preferred to get anywhere). Anyway, he was swimming by me and splashing water onto my face. He slowed his speed down, looked at me, gave a big grimace and APOLOGIZED! I thought that was the cutest thing! What 3 or 4 year old even notices the splash they are making, much less actually say sorry for it?!

I like that kid.

Tomorrow I'd really like to go fishing as the sun is setting if I can manage. I only have one problem -- if I want to catch anything, I need to use live bait, and I have a REALLY hard time doing that. I always feel so bad driving a hook through the shrimp - hearing it crack, and knowing it's in pain. Ugh. I don't have much success with fishing anyway. That's another story for another day. Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps not. I've already told it once this week, anyway. Which reminds me! Among my other activities, I've been talking to my friend Za . . . wait. I'm supposed to refer to him as "DaVinci" on my blog now, because he has agreed to beat box while I rap and he's going to let me record it and put it on my blog. He's an occasional reader, too, so . . . There ya go, Vince (can I call ya Vince? ;), this is me holding you to your promise, baby! Haha. ;)

Another bit of good news: I got accepted into ISU. I start in the fall. I'll be going into Psychology and English. I'm pretty excited about it. I suddently see a light to the end of this Teton Valley tunnel I'm in. And it's bliss!

Okay -- I'm going to head to bed now. Have a good night, all!

As promised, here are a few pictures.












No comments:

Post a Comment