Saturday, January 21, 2012

My 100th Post!

This here post marks the 100th time I've sat down at my computer to blog about basically nothing. I started blogging in mid October, and since then my blogs have gotten an accumulated 2524 hits. That averages out to 841.3 hits per month since I started. So . . .  I suppose I should say thank-you for reading! :)

Thank-you for reading! Haha.

Last night on my facebook page, I asked people what I should blog about in honor of my 100th post. Some of the responses I got were:

"Cat urine or pickles." (Thanks, Daniel. Always good suggestions. ;)

"The 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking in April." (Also a good suggestion, but what is there to say, really. I wasn't there. :-/ I have, however, seen the movie. And loved it.

"The number 100." (Again - what is there to say really? If you live to be that number . . . that's pretty impressive . . . ? That's really all I've got.)

In my inbox it was suggested that I blog about my "many talents". I feel, however that I've already done that multiple times. I'm not sure what else I could add on here that you guys haven't seen before. You can find samples of my singing (check out my "Karaoke" page) and my drawings on this blog. I've added pictures of needlework on here (is that really a talent?) and You've all seen the pictures I did for Christmas and Halloween. You can also find samples of my creative writing abilities on my "singlemingle" blog. I suppose I could add this picture:


That's a picture of a painting I did. I'm not sure I've ever shared any of my paintings on my blog. I usually just share these:



Those are charcoal/pencil sketches I've done and then given away. :)

I suppose I could add some of the poetry I've published, too. Here goes:


December Winds
A simple skin’s caress
Reminds me how I am incomplete
Beauty and emotion go hand-in-hand to encompass
But can be swept away with a December wind

The electricity of a softer touch
Fades like the colors in winter
But in the heated moment
It both burns me with fire and soothes me with calm

Inevitably December’s wind blows
Cold and fierce
And all that once completed me
Is carried off to a distant and uncertain future


Or if you prefer the simpler poetry that rhymes: (Here's one I published when I was 17)


Our Sweet Story
If you only knew the effect you have
If you only had a clue
Of the feelings that I have inside
The ones meant just for you

You’d never leave my side again
You’d stay right here by me
We’d be together forever, babe
And what a pair we’d be

The people, they would stop and stare
They’d see it in our eyes
They’d envy every move we’d make
Cause there’d be no way to disguise

The love and dedication there
That freely we’d dare share
Wouldn’t matter the time or place
We simply wouldn’t care

You’d hold me, hug me, kiss me,  touch me
And I’d gladly play along
No jealous look or evil act
could ever end our song

We’d spend our time together, babe
Cause of precious memories

That only you and I could make
We’d be like the birds and the bees

Simply made to fit together
And never be apart
The love there would be so strong
It would take up my whole heart

And the funny thing about it is
This is how we are
We care about each other so damn much
No matter how near or far

No distance could ever break us up
Not as long as up above
The heavens are singing our sweet praise
And we continue to be in love


 Other than that, I don't really have any talents I can share on here. I mean, I have a talent for psychology and giving advice. I guess I could get some testimonials?? Hardly seems worth it. Oh! I'm fabulous at arguing! I could host some sort of debate! But that wouldn't be on my 100th blog post, would it? ;)

Nah, I think I'll stick with what I've done here.

And I'd just like to add one more "thank-you" for reading. I really do appreciate it. :)

1 comment:

  1. a fantastic 100th post :) loved the poetry.. don't know how I've never heard any of your poems.. but loved them. Keep doing what you do, love ya!

    ReplyDelete