Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday, Funday!

I've had 4 people contact me this week about my SingSnap recordings claiming to be music producers/song-writers. I'm very flattered. Who knows if they are all legit, but it's still nice of them to bother flattering me. Haha. Unfortunately - I've been down that road before, and it didn't work out. Apparently, that wasn't what God had in store for me because, shortly after meeting and starting to work with a legitimate producer (he produced the Goo-Goo Dolls and his brothers produced Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston) I was diagnosed with my Thyroid Cancer, which sort of put a damper on things. ;)

This is the song that seemed to attract the most of these people (which is ironic, because it's not my personal favorite). The first note is a little sour. You'll have to get over it because I'm WAY too lazy to record the song all over for just a  few notes.



I have this outlandish (but maybe possible?) dream of publishing a book, having it become a movie, and then singing the title song, myself. Like I said: Outlandish. But if you're gonna dream, DREAM BIG! :)

My SingleMingle blog has also suddenly become very popular. I've been getting a lot of demands to post more. I'm considering it, but the circumstances surrounding it are . . . complicated. It's not exactly 100% my original idea. The writing is mine -- the idea isn't, so I don't want to step on my "partner's" toes by posting it without running it by her first. Unfortunately -- I haven't been able to reach her in a few weeks. Long story.

I know lately that I've been "bragging" about my "talents" a lot. It's not because I think I'm overly talented or special. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have a tough time admitting and embracing said talents. I'm supposed to start sharing them and "owning up" to them. So . . . this is me doing that. (By the way . . . that is just friendly advice from friends and family. Still, it's probably good advice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment