Saturday, November 5, 2011

Icy Roads = Pure Evil!

It snowed today. Ugh. I'm just not ready for this stuff. Icy roads = pure evil.

My family and I all traveled to Idaho Falls (I went along to drop off my computer to be fixed. I don't know what I'm going to do without it for a few days!). Anyway . . . we all went to Idaho Falls, and there were two cars that had gone over the edge on the pass (in different places - one at the beginning of the pass, and one closer to Swan Valley). So scary. I'm pretty sure that one of them was a fatality. There were easily 20 police vehicles at the scene. It makes me sick to think about what that person's (or those people's) last experience was like. I can't even imagine how terrifying it would be to go over the edge of a cliff like that. Seriously - it makes me so sick to think about. My prayers are with the families of those involved.

If only people could learn to slow down. It's winter now, people. You can no longer get away with traveling 70 mph over the pass - or anywhere with icy roads for that matter. (I'm not saying that the people in the accidents were guilty of those speeds - but we certainly encountered a few cars that were.) Slow down! Better to get there late than never!!

Anyway, as I mentioned - my computer is now back in the "care" of the Geek Squad. I really hope they can fix it this time. And that it doesn't cost me another $50+. Seriously! Ugh! Luckily there is another computer in the house, but I can really only use it for the Internet, which means I won't be able to work on my book(s) for a few days. I'm already going through withdrawals. Writing is the bomb-diggity. Everyone should try it! There's not much better than watching characters you've created go through their individual journeys (which you also created). The whole process is just a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment