Monday, November 7, 2011

Workout Fail.

So . . . this morning I pulled my Gluteus Maximus while doing my lunges. Ugh. At the time it was happening I noticed a slight pinch/burn, but it wasn't very painful so I finished out the set. It wasn't until I started with my squat rotations that I noticed my rear-end was in a decent amount of fiery pain. I unfortunately didn't get to finish my full workout AND I had to come home early from work. Lame. Normally I wouldn't mind the extra day off and I'd take advantage by getting in an extra workout, but without being able to move a lot, there isn't much to do. I think I'm going to take tomorrow off, too - just in case. That means I'll have a small paycheck. :(

You know what's crazy? Writing out and signing your own paychecks. Maybe that doesn't seem so crazy to some people, but it's weird to me.

Funny story: After I got home from work, I decided to build a fire because it's flipping cold in the house. (Btw, I have gotten excellent at building amazing fires!) Anyway, as I'm standing in front of the stove, stoking the fire, I look out the window at the giant horses our neighbors are keeping in our back pasture, and I wonder how bad it would suck to get bucked off of one of them. It reminded me of the only time I've ever been bucked off of a horse in my life. I was around 10(ish) when it happened. The horse that threw me was part Quarter horse and part Shetland pony. She had the temperament of the pony (which is to say she was mean!). She had thrown my dad once before and he had torn a bunch of the ligaments in his shoulder. It required surgery to fix. Anyway, I remember walking her out of the corral when she started freaking out and crow-hopping. Everything turned white and time slowed down until everything was moving in slow motion. It was crazy. I remember yelling for help and seeing my dad and grandpa slowly (but not really - it was just the way it seemed) making their way towards me and the bucking horse. Next thing I knew, my butt was out of the saddle and I was falling towards the ground. I smacked my head and hip on big rocks and the wind was knocked out of me. I remember trying to say "I can't breathe". Then it all went white. Next thing I remember, I was laying on the couch, my feet up on the arm and my grandma was next to me. I wanted to ask her how long I had been lying there, but I was crying too hard. Later that day my dad told me the horse lost about 80 lbs when she bucked me off. I remember being super impressed by that.

Today, as I was stoking that fire . . . something hit me. That 80 lbs she lost . . . was me. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment