Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let's Talk Books

Have any of you read the book Juliet Immortal? What did you think of it? I know you loved it, Sophie . . . . ;)

I read it at her request and I can't decide what I think about it. I might need to read it again. In the beginning I wasn't sure I was loving it, but by the end of it I felt differently. I feel like I do need to read it one more time to make a fair assessment of how I really feel about it. I'm just curious what some of your thoughts about it are, if you've read it.

I read The Hunger Games awhile back, and I KNOW I loved those books. Now they're making it into a movie. (Mattsons . . . We need to go together!) It looks like it's going to be pretty good. The first time I ever saw the trailer on tv, I knew exactly what it was for from the moment it started. The part where they duck under the fence to go hunting looked EXACTLY how I had pictured it in my mind. And I'm not the only one who has said that. That's how you know the author did a great job -- she described it vividly enough that people pictured the same thing in their mind.

I'd recommend reading any of the books that I've talked about above. I also like the book Matched, by Ally Condie. (Also recommended to me by Sophie. What would I do without you, Soph? ;) I just started that one and so far it's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment