Saturday, December 31, 2011

My New Years Wish For You


As this year comes to an end, I am forced - as most people are - to evaluate both my failures and my accomplishments of the previous 12 months. It makes me smile to realize that the latter prevails. Though my failures are very much present, my accomplishments far outdo them. I can confidently take pride in the things I have completed, overcome, and even instigated. I’ve kept many goals I started and there are those that I have yet to complete – but I am well on my way.



I recently read a blog in which the author describes his year’s accomplishments. I may not have danced in the rain in Italy, become a karaoke king in Mexico or even witnessed any amusing battles between two full-grown men over something as silly as a piece of string cheese, as he did, but I still have things I’m proud of. I got up the nerve to perform again – something I haven’t done in years. I produced drawings – though not the greatest, they are still my accomplishments. I came face-to-face with an old nemesis of sorts and realized that I’ve more than forgiven them – I love them. I’ve conquered seemingly unconquerable personal mountains. What used to be a world full of nothing to see but figurative steep, jagged rocks and the ugly, dark hues of discouragement and even death has transformed into something beautiful. Something full of color, magic and life – full of hope. Hope in spite of a difficult past because of the things it equipped me with, and hope for a glorious future.



May you all take a look at the year 2011 in your lives and feel pride and joy for the things you’ve accomplished and conquered. Whether it be surviving a divorce, losing a loved one, battling cancer – or something more positive such as giving birth to a child, finally reaching that goal weight or passing the bar exam, I hope you can take at least a few moments to truly reflect and feel gratitude towards yourself and those most dear to you who have helped mold you into the person you are tonight, preparing to greet 2012 with a brand new set of goals and dreams. And, yes . . . trials, too. But trials that will only encourage you to grow and transform to an even better version of you for the year 2013.



May you all have a safe and enjoyable evening full of friends, family and love.



Cheers. And Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment