Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Story

Last night I got to hang out with a cute boy. It was a good time. :) Today I get to read and write. Two of my most FAVORITE things. :)

How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was great! My main gifts were a juicer and a Kindle with all it's accessories. I'm pretty stoked about it. :)

So, lately my mom has been really into doing puzzles. But not big puzzles. They can't have more than a few hundred pieces or else she gets overwhelmed and gives up. (She likes quick results, I guess - I am my mother's daughter). Every year my mom gets everyone at least one gift that benefits her - but in a funny way, not a selfish way. This year she hands my sisters and I each a little package and tells us to open them one at a time. My littlest sister goes first and we all giggle as she unwraps a 500 piece puzzle. My other sister unwraps hers next, and again it's a 500 piece puzzle. By now I obviously know what mine is, so before I open it I have her open the one my sister and I picked out for her. She picks it up, shakes it, laughs and opens it. It's a 1000 piece puzzle! Haha! She laughs hysterically and announces she hates it (it's too many pieces). :) Hilarious. Here's a picture of the puzzle I got. I completed it today.



Oh, bummer story, though: My sister got me the second book to the series I'm reading. (Here's THAT story: Hailee and I are walking through Barnes and Nobles in the Mall. She casually says: Hey, Cort . . . What's that book you've been reading, again? I say: Matched? She says: Oh, yeah. . . . . Doesn't that have a sequel? I cock my head and say: Haaaiillleeee . . . are you thinking about getting me Crossed for Christmas? She quickly gets defensive: Nooo! I was just curious.  . . . So . . . (she holds up a book), Is this the book? I say: Haha, yeah. She says: Nice.  . . . Okay, go away. So I say: Haaaiillleeee . . . are you thinking about getting me Crossed for Christmas? She says: NO! GO AWAY!)

And then I meet her in the checkout line as she's buying it. Back to the bummer story: I knew what it was and I was super excited about it. So excited, in fact, that when I opened it, I didn't notice I was ripping the jacket along with the wrapping paper. Gah! Balls! At first, Barnes and Nobles said they wouldn't exchange it, but (being my mother's daughter and all) I am VERY persuasive. I can get a new jacket. :)

And that's the story of my Christmas in a nutshell. It was a good year. :) And the part about hanging out with a cute boy was a good way to conclude my Holiday. Hopefully we can hang out again soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment