Thursday, December 15, 2011

Strange, 1 a.m. text.

So last night at 1:30 a.m. I got a random text message. I was a little annoyed that someone would text so late, so I messed with them a bit, but - as you'll see - it took a really weird turn . . .


Unknown Texter:
Hey girl! OMG I am SO excited for tomorrow! Are you?

Sleepy, annoyed me:
Umm . . . not if I don't get enough sleep.

Texter:
lol. Don't pretend like you weren't awake! I know you! You're probably drunk!

Me:
Actually, my supply ran out. And rubbing alcohol just doesn't have the same effect.

Texter:
OMG, Megan. You'd better not be sipping rubbing alcohol again!

(what?? again???)
Me:
Would you rather I sip on anti-freeze?

Texter:
That's not even funny. Do you never learn your lessons? Don't sip ANYTHING! Unless it's Vodka. ;)

Me:
Okay . . . when did I EVER sip on rubbing alcohol or anti-freeze?

Texter:
Seriously, Megan? Did the stuff fry your brain or are you trying to be cute.

Me:
Oh, I'm serious

Texter:
Last summer, you dork! Anyway, how did things go with Jake? I'm peeing right now and then I'm going to call you and get the scoop.

Me:
That's okay, you don't need to call me. I can text it to you. It was a lot of fun. He held my hand and then we kissed.

(The girl tries to call me. I answer, but hang up right away.)

Texter:
Megan, you had better answer your phone and talk to me about this. What do you mean you kissed? Are you joking? Because I'm not in the mood. You were supposed to get him to forgive me!

Me:
Oh.

Texter:
Oh? Did you really kiss him??? Wt-, Megan!

Me:
I'm sorry. He apparently loves me. As we were sitting there, alone . . . talking about love . . . we realized that we actually love each other. We'd like to get married in June. Please just give us your blessing.

Texter:
I can't believe I trusted you b****! You are the worst friend ever!

Me:
Wait now -- before you go burning bridges with any of your friends -- you should check your numbers. Can I go back to sleep now?

Texter:
OMG! This isn't Megan, is it! lol. Thank G**! I'm so sorry to have bothered you.

Me:
Please keep your friend away from rubbing alcohol and anti-freeze.

1 comment: