Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's What's Up.

Okay -- my skin is FREAKING out. And I don't mean a little bit freaking out. I mean freaking out. Not having a thyroid sure has its adventures!!

I Skyped for four hours with my boy last night. That is a loooong time. We are talking about me coming to see him on the 22nd. And he'd still come to see me on the 4th. (I think . . .???) I'm considering it. Thing is . . . he wants me to come up for the employee ski day (he works at the Yellowstone Club), but I have no gear. None. Not even a winter coat. Not even a winter jacket. (I'm not sure how I survive the winters here at all. I guess by not going outside . . . ever . . . ??? That's probably why I hate winter so much!!) Anyway, I'm not sure how I could pull off a ski day with no equipment. Plus, it's been years since I've been, and I don't want to ruin his day by not being "up to speed". I used to be an excellent skier. I imagine it'll come back after a day or two on the mountain, but still . . . I'm not sure what to do. I do like the idea of seeing him sooner, though. I like that idea a lot! I guess we'll have to talk more about it.

So . . . I thought that I didn't have to open this morning (because my sister told me it was Carol's day to do it) so I was up until 1 a.m. Skyping. Well . . . at 7 a.m., Hailee called me to inform me that it was in fact MY day to open. So I pretty much crawled out of bed (I didn't fall asleep right away last night. I won't even tell you what time I did fall asleep. Just know that it was ridiculous) and didn't even bother to get dressed or anything. I mean, I put on jeans and a T, but that's it. No makeup, hair slapped back into a messy ponytail, and headed in to work. Another employee came to help out customers while I prepped stuff, so at least I didn't have to face customers directly, but still . . .

Anyway, at some point, one of the "regulars" came in and asked why I looked so "chipper". I told him it's because I got NO sleep last night (or for the past month, for that matter), and he asked why. I told him it was a boy's fault. He kept prodding, so I finally told him what was up. I told him that my boyfriend lives about 3 hours away in Montana and we rely on Skype to keep the magic happening. Haha. He immediately suggested that I break things off, claiming that long-distance relationships are the devil, and told me I should look for someone local. I responded by telling him that 3 hours wasn't far enough away to deter me from this boy. That he's too perfect. He'd have to move to China for me to think about changing my mind and being the one to break things off.

That's the truth right there.

Man, I am battling some heavy fatigue. It blooooows. I can't wait until this is all over!! I have quite a few things to do today. And yet, all I want to do is sleep until it's time for my date with Zach at 6. I really better get busy before I give in to the temptation to hit my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment