Monday, April 23, 2012

Mr. Sandman, bring me a treeeaaat!


I of course have someone in mind when I sing that song. ;)

Yesterday, Aubrey and I were hanging out in the yard tanning and we were listening to Aub's iPod. We had turned it on in the family room with the surround sound (or . . . "surround around" as my mom calls it) and then left the doors open. Anyway, a version of the song "Mr. Sandman" came on. Just as it got to the chorus, Hailee appeared in the doorway and sang along.

        "Mr. Sandman, bring me a treeeaaat!"

Aubrey and I look at each other.

"Did you just say 'Mr. Sandman bring me a TREAT?'"

        "Yeah, why? What does it say? . . . Drink?"

Aubrey and I couldn't stop laughing. We literally laughed until we cried. It's even more hilarious if you happen to know Hailee.

Dear, precious Hailee. :)

After we told her the real words she announced that she preferred her lyrics, and the next time that part of the song came on, she sang,

       "Mr. Sandman (bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum) bring me a treeeaaat! You know that IIIIII like to eat!"

:) Good thing I wasn't wearing makeup yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment