Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let's talk nails and books!

I went in and had my nails done again. They were chipping, which was odd because they are supposed to last for two weeks or more, but mine had started chipping after only 5 days. I was thinking that maybe I was just extra hard on my nails because of how badly they were chipped (I had the nail tech who put them on touch them up just two days ago and they had already chipped again). Anyway, the owner of the salon told me to come in so she could do them herself and as she was doing them, I realized exactly why I had problems before. Joey (the owner of Total Image Salon) put on 3 layers of the red color, two of the glitter/clear coat and then a top coat. The girl who had done them initially only put one coat of each. Hence the reason they had chipped so fast. Good news is, now the girl can be told what it is she did wrong (in her defense -- she's new. She's actually awesome -- my nails were beautiful. And now that she knows what she's doing, I'll gladly go to her again) and I'm sure her Shellac nails will turn out just as good as Joey's. :)

Here are a couple of pics of my newest nails . . .



I love! :)

The best part about the Shellac nails is that they don't use tips. They just put it over your natural nail, so I think it looks more natural than acrylic nails because your nails aren't perfectly uniform. I mean -- I guess you could have them file them perfectly uniform if you preferred, but I actually prefer them looking a little less "perfect".

I bought a couple of books today. I'm really addicted to books by Child and Preston right now. I started with reading Still Life With Crows, which is actually book four of the Agent Pendergast series. Not that you have to go in order, but it does help a little. I remember reading Cabinet of Curiosities when I was in High School, and I LOVED it! It's number three in the Agent Pendergast series, so I'm going to read again after I finish The Reliquary (which is a direct sequel to The Relic -- which is the first Pendergast book.) Is this all sounding a little nerdy? Maybe. But I don't care. Haha. I also have read a couple of books by Kate Morton lately. And I really enjoyed them, too. I'd recommend those two (three, I guess, eh?) authors if you enjoy reading. Their styles are completely different. Child and Preston's books are more of psychological/paranormal thrillers while Kate Morton's books are more of easy-going mysteries. Both are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment