Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random Miracle.

Okay - the most amazing thing just happened to me at work and it completely snapped me out of my little funk. (Isn't it crazy how one little action can completely turn your world upside down or back to normal again??)

Anyway -- here is the story:

I was opening at Subway, so I'm there by myself when a guy comes in. I've seen him before and I've not been able to help but notice that he is a cute guy. He has nearly black hair and really dark eyes (which happens to be a combination that I'm a bit of a sucker for -- hence the reason I'm with a guy who has that exact same sexy thing going on. PLUS he's got the personality. I really am a lucky girl!) Anyway, he comes in and orders a breakfast sandwich. About halfway through it, I drop the egg on the floor. I smile, apologize, pick it up, throw it away and fetch a new one, only to end up dropping the new one on the floor too. I threw my head back and gave out a frustrated laugh and apologized again. I tried to keep my cool on the outside, but on the inside I was saying all sorts of profane and inappropriate things.

Anyway, I finally get his sandwich completed, hand it to him and he decides to stay in the store to eat. He sits at a booth in the back and I carry on with business; running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to get caught up (I was a little late to work this a.m.). I was feeling pretty stressed out and thinking about how I really didn't want to be there until 4 -- I wanted to go home early -- when that guy comes back to the counter. I figured he was going to ask for a napkin or something, but much to my surprise . . . this is how the conversation went:

(Him): Excuse me. I've been sitting at my table watching you, and I don't want to come across as a creeper, but I really feel I need to tell you something. (Then he sort of hesitated before saying):  . . . I've been watching you work, and you seem kinda stressed. Are you stressed?

(Me): (Head nod) Yeah . . . I'm pretty stressed. Is it that obvious? That's not good . . .

(Him): Well . . . I was at my table, watching you and thinking that you are very beautiful when all of a sudden the Spirit urged me to get up and tell you. I fought it for about 15 minutes, but it was too strong and I really got the impression that I needed to actually tell you that.

(I was speechless and couldn't say anything. I'm sure I had a really dumb expression on my face, too.)

(Him): I'm sorry if that creeps you out. Maybe you aren't LDS and so that sentence was really creepy and doesn't make sense . . .?

(Me): No -- I am LDS. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

(Him): Okay, cool! Well . . . For whatever reason, the spirit told me that I need to actually let you know that I think you are very beautiful.

I thanked him and we exchanged names. (His name is Ethan). Then we shook hands and he left. The moment he walked out of the store, I burst into tears. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. And for some reason, that simple little act completely pulled me from my funk. I've been feeling so ugly and insecure and it hit me that maybe it's only me who is seeing me as this ugly blob right now. Not that I all of a sudden think I'm gorgeous -- I know I've got some work ahead of me, but it made me realize that I'm not as hideous as I've been believing.

Isn't it amazing the way the Spirit works?? It's a miracle. And I feel so GREAT! Bring it on . . . I'M BACK! Woohoo!! :) I can't WAIT to talk to my boy now. Because I think things are finally going to be fine. And if they don't end up okay, well then . . . things will still be okay because I'm not hideous!! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment